View new IOLmobile

Don’t blow the candles - you could get germs!

pic
By Daily Mail

London - Children in Australia have been ordered not to blow out candles on birthday cakes together – because they could pass on germs.

Parents should either provide a separate cupcake, with a candle on it, for the birthday child or else enough cupcakes should be provided for the other children.

The guidelines from Australia’s National Health and Medical Research Council have angered parents, who say that the “nanny state” is trying to take all the fun out of birthday parties.

And Steve Hambleton, Australian Medical Association president, said: “If you’re blowing out candles, how many organisms are transferred to a communal cake, for goodness sake?” - Daily Mail

To the top

©Independent Online   Terms |  Feedback